Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16th - we're so close to being done and I'm back to my typical thinking of how much weight can I lose in 3 weeks? I had a few weeks, in a row, that put me in a slump and back to bad habits; i.e," if I eat this now, I' ll be really good tomorrow!" I went to girls camp last week in July and did well. The week following I was sick and didn't exercise as much as I should. My number one problem (still) is making time for the activities. I was working 48 hr. weeks and would go home exhausted...any one for weights or elliptical???Not! I am also decaffeinating my body - almost totally off now, only an occasional diet coke at work. Still feeling that I need something to energize me.

My youngest son was called to active duty (he's a reservist) with the Marines and left the week before I went to camp. He is in CA getting additional training and then to Afganistan in Nov. I really miss him and worry about him alot. Enter the emotional eating demon. There is no one to cook for except myself (again).

I rediscovered the book "Eat great, lose weight". Lots of great receipes. Same advise that we've received from our nutrition classes. I am implementing the receipes. Made some of the receipes and took them to a baby shower for my daughter-in-law on Friday. They were a big hit, even with the guys. Saturday I went shopping at the Sunflower Market in Orem for the first time. I love that place. I don't think I can go completely vegetarian though. I am consuming a lot more fruits and veges, and really enjoy the whole grains except for perhaps the increase in gas! I do love a great steak occasionally.

My clothes are fitting a lot better. I HAD to buy smaller size levis. I don't see the change so much myself, but friends and family are commenting on how great I look. That is such a boost.
My current goal is to walk every day. I live in SE Provo, so. of BYU, so I walk straight up 900 east - destination the BYU Creamery - and back is 4.5 miles. No, I don't take money and I haven't gone into the icecream establishment. My plan is go go a little be further and make it 5 miles even a day. Right now it take me about 75 minutes roundtrip. It make me feel so good. Last year I had a lot of knee problems due to old and new injuries, and could hardly walk. We've come a long way baby!

I am staying with my main goal of completing this challenge and having it be the turning point in my life to live healthier and happier so I can be there for my children and grandchildren - 2 and one on the way within 2-3 weeks. I have the opportunity in my job to see really healthy people that live long lives (90's) and younger people that are walking time bombs with obesity and diabetes. I have been so grateful for this opportunity and for the example of everyone participating.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I so enjoyed reading your post. Thanks so much for sharing. I too listen to those naughty voices that say "How much can I loose before the weigh in?" That HCG diet could make me loose some pounds. I really have to fight myself not to go on the diet as I know it isn't really healthy. My friend stopped by the other day and said she has lost 75 lbs on the diet and then asked how much I have lost "None" was my answer. So...
Just keep moving! You go girl! You are doing great.