Friday, July 10, 2009

This is the 40th day of the challenge. I feel great! I am still not getting enough work-outs in but I am still seeing results. Clothes are getting loser. Two pair of my favorite levis keep falling down...oops. I am working 48 hr. weeks (4-12s) for a few weeks and I am starting to get just a little cranky. The exercising and eating right are helping me with the energy I need rather than one diet coke after another. I'm sorry I haven't been able to join in the group activities. I am not supposed to do high impact activities, i.e. jump roping and I haven't been on a bike since my 20's when I attempted to ride from SLC to Provo - I made it as far as Lehi.

My main reason for participating in this challenge is so I can change my lifestyle, once and for all. I was very active when I was younger, jogging, racquet ball, tennis, dancing, lots of dancing, backpacking; however, having children, moving all over the US, going back to school and now working fulltime have taken me away from the things I know I should do for myself so I can actually benefit my whole family by being healthier. My father is 94 and part of his daily routine was (is) eating oatmeal and grapefruit each morning and going on walks. His diet is still the same but unfortunately does not have the strength to go on walks any longer. I hope I can live as long as he and keep doing the things that will keep me healthy.

I look forward to the nutrition classes every Wed. I can so identify with the frustrations and problems we all have. I am glad all of the girls are so supportive and positive. Hooray for my trainer - Heidi. She meets me at 630 am even when she hasn't had any sleep due to noisey roommates - been there , done that. -- Here;s to the next 60 days!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you! You are doing great. It will be fun for you to pick up some of the activities you use to do. I too want to live as long as your dad - as long as I have my health!

Sherrie said...

My husband has the saying "it is what it is" and "life goes on". You just do the best you can and things will fall into place. I was not able to go on the bike ride either. I like you enjoy the nutrition classes. It gives me strength to continue on. You stated in your profile that you want to be the next biggest loser. Well, you will be and so will we. We are all the biggest looser because we are all winners: )