Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 4 - already!! My most difficult hurdle to over come is to make time for exercise on a routine basis. It is becoming easier. Last week I took walks (hills included) and felt I got a good cardio workout. Tonight I worked out at the wellness center and concentrated on strenthening. My goal is to workout 6 days this week-no matter what!

I am doing well with the food things, except for today when I got tired and frustrated at work and got the munchies. I am proud that I didn't go overboard. I kept food logs for five days last week. My son's girlfriend was able to use two of the days for one of her nutrition class projects. She has access to a computer program that analyses everything that you eat. I was pleasantly surprised that I am very close to my 1400 suggested caloric intake and just need to tweak carb and proteins a little. I don't look up calories, just eating healthier and watching my portions. I have rediscovered how much I love to cook. I love mixing a lot of colors together and using fresh herbs from my garden. My extended family is very supportive and trying to do some of the things I am working on.

I have lost weight and inches. Ya-hoo.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Walking outside! That is a great concept! I live just below the Mt. Timp. LDS temple, down the hill. My kids have been trying to get me to walk UP the hill and around the temple with them. Maybe since I am feeling a little stronger, I'll try it this weekend!